|By Business Wire||
|June 4, 2008 08:31 AM EDT||
According to a recent Gartner report, Microsoft continues to gain e-mail market share, and will hold approximately 70 percent of the worldwide commercial e-mail market by late 2009.¹ Many businesses are considering moving to Microsoft platforms such as Microsoft Exchange Server 2007 and Microsoft Office SharePoint Server 2007 from their current platforms, including Lotus Notes. Quest Software, Inc. (Nasdaq:QSFT) has a set of tools designed to migrate mailboxes and applications off of Notes, and to help manage and rebuild applications in the new environment.
“Businesses are increasingly transitioning to Microsoft solutions for collaboration from competitive platforms, to the tune of millions of people,” says Michael Atalla, group product manager, Microsoft. “Quest is a valued partner for businesses looking to migrate to Microsoft solutions because it is committed to creating quality migration products, and Microsoft has twice recognized these efforts by naming Quest Microsoft ISV Partner of the Year.”
Quest’s comprehensive set of solutions migrate and manage the data of organizations wishing to transition off Lotus Notes to a Microsoft platform.
- Notes Migrator for Exchange allows migrations of multiple users from Lotus Notes to Microsoft Exchange Server 2007 simultaneously. It also automates manual tasks, including mailbox creation and mail routing to simplify administration.
- Notes Migrator for SharePoint provides direct migrations from Lotus Notes, QuickPlace and Domino.doc to Microsoft Office SharePoint Server. It migrates all Notes data, including images, file attachments, OLE objects and rich text, ensuring all critical business data is preserved. New features include analysis capabilities for helping organizations discover and classify their Notes applications, as well as components for managing large migration projects and provisioning large volumes of SharePoint sites.
- Development Studio for SharePoint helps organizations quickly rebuild Notes applications in Microsoft Office SharePoint Server 2007 without custom coding. This suite of web parts assists in reconstructing Notes applications with a consistent look and feel as well as rich functionality, data integrity and security.
Quest Software and Avanade, Inc., a global IT consultancy, are working together to migrate organizations’ mailboxes to Microsoft Exchange Server 2007 and applications to Microsoft Office SharePoint Server 2007. Quest’s Notes migration products, coupled with Avanade’s ACA® Messaging Migration Engine, help customers successfully plan, design, migrate and implement an Exchange and SharePoint solution. Following a migration, customers can leverage Quest and Avanade’s collective expertise to develop a comprehensive deployment plan for their organization. Avanade will be among the first of Quest’s partners given access to the upcoming Notes Migrator for SharePoint 5.0 beta release, which will be announced during Microsoft Tech·Ed.
“We are pleased to be working with one of the leading migration vendors in the market,” says Tyson Hartman, vice president of Enterprise Technology Solutions for Avanade. “Through this partnership we can provide customers with best of breed migration tools and the technical expertise to transition away from Lotus Notes.”
Quest Software will host a booth in the SharePoint Partner Zone at Microsoft Tech·Ed, June 10 – 13. Quest’s Notes Migration Center will be located at booth #1446 and will feature tools to migrate customers from Notes to either SharePoint or Exchange.
Pricing and Availability
Notes Migrator for Exchange is $10 per mailbox, North American pricing. North American pricing for Notes Migrator for SharePoint starts at $12,500 with reseller, quantity discounts and various options available. Development Studio for SharePoint starts at $3,000, North American pricing. All products are available today.
About Quest Software, Inc.
Quest Software, Inc., a leading enterprise systems management vendor, delivers innovative products that help organizations get more performance and productivity from their applications, databases, Windows infrastructure and virtual environments. Through a deep expertise in IT operations and a continued focus on what works best, Quest helps more than 90,000 customers worldwide meet higher expectations for enterprise IT. Quest provides customers with client management as well as server and desktop virtualization solutions through its subsidiaries, ScriptLogic, Vizioncore and Provision Networks. Quest’s Unified Communications and Collaboration solutions simplify, automate and secure Exchange Server, SharePoint Server, Windows Server and Office Communications Server. Quest is the Microsoft Global ISV Partner of the year for 2004 and 2007. Quest Software can be found in offices around the globe and at www.quest.com.
¹ Gartner MarketScope for E-mail Systems, 2008
Quest, Quest Software and the Quest logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of Quest Software in the United States and certain other countries. All other names mentioned herein may be trademarks of their respective owners.
Web Links Referenced in this Release:
Quest Software, Inc. - www.quest.com
Migrations - www.quest.com/notes-migrator-for-exchange/
Migrations from Lotus Notes, Quickplace and Domino.doc - www.quest.com/notes-migrator-for-sharepoint/
Rebuild Notes applications - www.quest.com/development-studio-for-sharepoint/
- Where Are RIA Technologies Headed in 2008?
- PowerBuilder History - How Did It Evolve?
- Creation and Consumption of Web Services with PowerBuilder
- Cloud People: A Who's Who of Cloud Computing
- DDDW Tips and Tricks
- Cloud Expo 2011 East To Attract 10,000 Delegates and 200 Exhibitors
- Working with SOA & Web Services in PowerBuilder
- Dynamically Creating DataWindow Objects
- OLE - Extending the Capabilities of PowerBuilder
- Cloud Expo and The End of Tech Recession