|By Chris Pollach||
|June 17, 2007 10:00 AM EDT||
Sybase announced the availability of Sybase® PowerBuilder® 11, the premier 4GL rapid application development (RAD) tool. Building on its strength in quickly developing data-driven applications necessary to critical business functions, PowerBuilder 11 provides PowerBuilder developers with the simplest, easiest and most cost-effective way to deploy applications on the .NET platform.
"PowerBuilder has always been the fastest tool to develop with, and now that we can deploy applications to the .NET platform, we have more options for our customers," said Ali Mehmet, technical director at Maracis Solutions Limited, a Sybase customer. "Recently, we became a finalist for an important RFP with a working prototype built with the
PowerBuilder 11 beta. We couldn't have done it without Sybase PowerBuilder."
PowerBuilder 11 dramatically simplifies .NET development and is part of Sybase's plan to deliver robust support for the .NET framework. With this release, PowerBuilder 11 provides developers the flexibility to deploy applications as .NET Windows® Forms, Web Forms, and .NET Smart Clients, as well as develop traditional client server business
applications and Web Services.
PowerBuilder 11 continues to support integration with J2EE environments and Win32® applications. Integration with the leading development platforms provides a more open, flexible environment for developers with heterogeneous platform requirements. PowerBuilder also offers increased productivity as it enables less complex coding and shorter development cycles than applications built with 3GL level tools.
"The new features in PowerBuilder 11 enable our customers to use the assets they already have - code and developers' skill sets - and then transform these assets to solve immediate and future demands of business," said David Tong, vice president of engineering at Sybase. "PowerBuilder's speed and flexibility means customers can
develop business critical applications for use anytime, anywhere." New features in PowerBuilder 11 include the following capabilities:
- " Deploy PowerBuilder non-visual objects (NVOs) as .NET assemblies and .NET Smart Client applications
- " Deploy PowerBuilder NVOs as Web Services and PowerBuilder applications to the Web quickly using ASP.NET
- " Support for Microsoft® SQL ServerT SNC and Oracle® 10g RAC
- " Ability to use Web Services as a data source for DataWindow®
Pricing and Availability
Available now, new licenses for PowerBuilder 11 start at $2,995, with updates to older versions of PowerBuilder beginning at $1,495. For additional product information, or to place an order, please call 1-800-8-SYBASE, or visit: http://www.sybase.com/powerbuilder.
|PBDJ News 06/14/07 11:49:54 AM EDT|
'PowerBuilder has always been the fastest tool to develop with, and now that we can deploy applications to the .NET platform, we have more options for our customers,' said Ali Mehmet, technical director at Maracis Solutions Limited, a Sybase customer. 'Recently, we became a finalist for an important RFP with a working prototype built with the PowerBuilder 11 beta. We couldn't have done it without Sybase PowerBuilder.'
- Where Are RIA Technologies Headed in 2008?
- PowerBuilder History - How Did It Evolve?
- Creation and Consumption of Web Services with PowerBuilder
- Cloud People: A Who's Who of Cloud Computing
- DDDW Tips and Tricks
- Cloud Expo 2011 East To Attract 10,000 Delegates and 200 Exhibitors
- Working with SOA & Web Services in PowerBuilder
- Dynamically Creating DataWindow Objects
- Cloud Expo, Inc. Announces Cloud Expo 2011 New York Venue
- OLE - Extending the Capabilities of PowerBuilder