|By PR Newswire||
|August 19, 2014 01:12 PM EDT||
LAS VEGAS, Aug. 19, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Downtown Las Vegas, Nev. — Further solidifying its position as the world leader in cloud-based facial recognition, FacialNetwork, Inc. has announced the hiring of Satya Yenigalla as the company's chief operating officer.
Yenigalla brings his talents and experience to FacialNetwork just as the company is poised to release a suite of applications that will revolutionize facial recognition across all edge devices including mobile, wearables and tablets.
"The team at FacialNetwork really impressed me. They are the thought leaders in the facial recognition space, bar none," Yenigalla said. "FacialNetwork is at the confluence of three pivotal technology trends and is the only company leveraging the latest advancements in mobile, cloud and big data to create practical facial recognition applications."
Even with a stellar background at tech powerhouses like Samsung SDS, LG CNS, Oracle, Sybase (now SAP), Digital Equipment Corporation (now HP), and Cloudscape (now IBM), Yenigalla's decision to join FacialNetwork was an easy one. "To paraphrase one of our Silicon Valley partners, this technology is more than disruptive. FacialNetwork is the industry leader in an industry that doesn't even exist yet, cloud-based facial recognition," Yenigalla said.
Yenigalla has a master's degree in computer science from Villanova University and has spent more than two decades building tech startups and managing growth at Fortune 500 firms. He has served as a core team member with high-level executives at the most prominent Silicon Valley companies and Asia-Pacific global conglomerates.
"I was incredibly impressed with Satya's experience, talents, and network of influencers in Silicon Valley and around the world," said Kevin Alan Tussy, CEO of FacialNetwork, Inc. "Satya has been a key part of so many successful companies that when he chose to join FacialNetwork full-time, I knew we would achieve escape velocity."
The recently announced Facial Recognition Enterprise App Suite allows companies and developers to use facial recognition in their apps on smartphones, wearables, tablets, and other edge devices.
FacialNetwork's initial beta application, NameTag, launched on Google Glass as a search engine for people, scanning photos against millions of publicly sourced images in seconds.
FacialNetwork became the subject of an international media firestorm in February 2014 when Senator Al Franken wrote a three-page open letter to FacialNetwork expressing his concerns specifically about the power of the NameTag application. Google Glass users can request beta access at www.NameTag.ws.
For more information, visit www.FacialNetwork.com.
Contact: Jeff Haney
Office: (702) 385-7300
Cell: (702) 812-9008
- SAP Withdraws PowerBuilder 15 and Releases 12.6 Instead!
- Free ASE & IQ Software
- AIRMAN on the Amazon Cloud via APPEON
- Appeon 2015 beta - New Release Highlights
- FacialNetwork, Global Leader In Cloud-Based Facial Recognition, Names Satya Yenigalla As Chief Operating Officer
- Five Best Practices to Help DBAs Simplify the Complexity of Managing Virtualized Databases
- SIOS Webinar to Address Optimizing Cost Savings and High Availability Protection for Postgres with EnterpriseDB and SIOS Clustering Software
- Where Are RIA Technologies Headed in 2008?
- PowerBuilder History - How Did It Evolve?
- Creation and Consumption of Web Services with PowerBuilder
- Cloud People: A Who's Who of Cloud Computing
- DDDW Tips and Tricks
- Working with SOA & Web Services in PowerBuilder
- Cloud Expo 2011 East To Attract 10,000 Delegates and 200 Exhibitors
- Dynamically Creating DataWindow Objects
- OLE - Extending the Capabilities of PowerBuilder
- DataWindow.NET How To: Data Entry Form
- Custom Common Dialogs Using SetWindowsHookEx
- Cloud Expo and The End of Tech Recession
- Solutions for Optimizing ASP.NET Applications
- Dynamic SQL
- Office 2003 Toolbar: A New Look For Your Old PowerBuilder App