|By Business Wire||
|August 6, 2014 09:00 AM EDT||
SIOS Technology Corp. (www.us.sios.com), maker of SAN and #SANLess clustering software products, today announced a live webinar featuring EnterpriseDB’s Principal Sales Engineer, Brian Barryman and SIOS’ clustering expert Tony Tomarchio. They will describe how SANLess clusters are delivering the ease of use, cost savings, and high availability protection needed to make Postgres and PostgreSQL deployments enterprise ready.
The live webinar, “Optimizing Cost Savings and High Availability Protection for Postgres with EnterpriseDB and SIOS Clustering Software," will be held on August 13, 2014 at 10:00 AM PDT / 1:00 PM EDT.
This webinar will address:
- What workloads are best suited for introducing Postgres into an environment
- The success milestones for evaluating the “when and how” of expanding Postgres deployments
- Easy, cost efficient strategies for delivering high availability and disaster protection for deployments of EnterpriseDB’s Postgres Plus Advanced Server and PostgreSQL
- Key advances in recent Postgres releases that support new data types and evolving data challenges
This presentation is intended for strategic IT and business decision-makers involved in data infrastructure decisions and cost-savings.
About the Presenters
As SIOS’ Director of Field Engineering, Tony Tomarchio is responsible for defining and delivering technical pre-sales services, support and best practices to SIOS customers, prospects and partners. Tony has more than a decade of experience providing systems management and high availability solutions to enterprise customers. Prior to joining SIOS, Tony served as the global sales engineering lead for the Oracle systems management practice.
Principal Sales Engineer with EnterpriseDB, Brian Berryman has more than twenty-five years of IT architecture, development, operations and management experience, with strong concentrations in database and application architectures, network & business systems design and implementation, and advanced performance tuning. Before joining EnterpriseDB, Brian held systems architect positions within Oracle and Sybase, and a variety of other senior technical leadership positions. He is a seasoned database engineer, with professional certifications in Oracle, Sybase, and PostgreSQL.
About SIOS Technology Corp.
SIOS Technology Corp. makes SAN and #SANLess software solutions that make clusters easy to use and easy to own. An essential part of any cluster solution, SIOS SAN and #SANLess software provides the flexibility to build Clusters Your Way™ to protect your choice of Windows or Linux environment in any configuration (or combination) of physical, virtual and cloud (public, private, and hybrid) without sacrificing performance or availability. The unique SIOS #SANLess clustering solution allows you to configure clusters with local storage, eliminating both the cost and the single-point-of-failure risk of traditional shared (SAN) storage.
Founded in 1999, SIOS Technology Corp. (www.us.sios.com) is headquartered in San Mateo, California, and has offices throughout the United States, United Kingdom and Japan.
SIOS, SIOS Technology, SIOS DataKeeper, SIOS Protection Suite, Clusters Your Way, and associated logos are registered trademarks or trademarks of SIOS Technology Corp. and/or its affiliates in the United States and/or other countries. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
- Where Are RIA Technologies Headed in 2008?
- PowerBuilder History - How Did It Evolve?
- Creation and Consumption of Web Services with PowerBuilder
- Cloud People: A Who's Who of Cloud Computing
- DDDW Tips and Tricks
- Cloud Expo 2011 East To Attract 10,000 Delegates and 200 Exhibitors
- Working with SOA & Web Services in PowerBuilder
- Dynamically Creating DataWindow Objects
- OLE - Extending the Capabilities of PowerBuilder
- Cloud Expo, Inc. Announces Cloud Expo 2011 New York Venue