|By Chris Pollach||
|August 4, 2014 12:28 AM EDT||
Airman on Amazon
|Airman running on my actual iPhone.|
However, my pleasure this weekend was to allocate an E2.Medium Amazon Cloud space and load it with the Sybase SQL Anywhere database engine and the Appeon2013R2 web and mobile software that webifies and/or mobilizes almost any PowerBuilder based application. In this, I used Greg's AIRMAN application that is installed in many airports around North America.
|Deploying AIRMAN in the Amazon Cloud using Remote Desktop.|
The first stage was to get Greg's application and configure it to work on my development machine. From there, I deployed this to my local Appeon Server and unit tested the application under the IE web browser. Once that ran clean, I used Appon's "application packager" to create an MSI installation file - which I unloaded to the Amazon E2 machine.
Once the MSI from the Appeon packager is copied to the target Appeon Server machine, all I had to do was run the MSI to deploy the application and configure a database connection in Appeon to the SQL Anywhere Airman Database. After that, the application started up first time and ran perfectly in the Internet Explorer web browser!
|AIRMAN running from the Cloud in my IE web browser.|
The next step was to point my Appeon WorkSpace application on the iPhone and iPad to the Amazon based Appeon Server cloud machine. After that, the native compiled iOS Airman application was downloaded to these Apple devices and the AIRMAN application ran perfectly these as well.
|Actual Amazon based AIRMAN application running on my iPad.|
The final test was to fire up my Samsung tablet and the Appeon WorkSpace application and point this to the Amazon Cloud E2 machine. Once that was done, again the Airman application came alive on this super Android device and ran perfectly the 1st time!
|The Android version of AIRMAN on my Nexus10 tablet a la Amazon Cloud & Appeon!|
All in all, an out standing weekend with Appeon, Amazon, SA, and the AIRMAN application with only a few hours of work. Watch out Cloud ... Appeon is bringing you its PowerBuilder applications as easy as 1-2-3!
Regards ... Chris
- SAP Withdraws PowerBuilder 15 and Releases 12.6 Instead!
- Free ASE & IQ Software
- AIRMAN on the Amazon Cloud via APPEON
- Appeon 2015 beta - New Release Highlights
- FacialNetwork, Global Leader In Cloud-Based Facial Recognition, Names Satya Yenigalla As Chief Operating Officer
- Five Best Practices to Help DBAs Simplify the Complexity of Managing Virtualized Databases
- SIOS Webinar to Address Optimizing Cost Savings and High Availability Protection for Postgres with EnterpriseDB and SIOS Clustering Software
- Where Are RIA Technologies Headed in 2008?
- PowerBuilder History - How Did It Evolve?
- Creation and Consumption of Web Services with PowerBuilder
- Cloud People: A Who's Who of Cloud Computing
- DDDW Tips and Tricks
- Working with SOA & Web Services in PowerBuilder
- Cloud Expo 2011 East To Attract 10,000 Delegates and 200 Exhibitors
- Dynamically Creating DataWindow Objects
- OLE - Extending the Capabilities of PowerBuilder
- DataWindow.NET How To: Data Entry Form
- Custom Common Dialogs Using SetWindowsHookEx
- Cloud Expo and The End of Tech Recession
- Solutions for Optimizing ASP.NET Applications
- Dynamic SQL
- Office 2003 Toolbar: A New Look For Your Old PowerBuilder App