|By Marketwired .||
|July 21, 2014 07:30 AM EDT||
WATERLOO, ONTARIO -- (Marketwired) -- 07/21/14 -- BlackBerry Limited (NASDAQ:BBRY)(TSX:BB), a global leader in mobile communications, today announced that it has named Marty Beard as Chief Operating Officer. As the new COO, Marty is responsible for cross-functional organizations, including Marketing, BlackBerry 10 Application Development, Customer Care and Quality. Marty is also responsible for instituting best practices and processes.
BlackBerry Executive Chairman and CEO John Chen said, "BlackBerry continues to attract top talent to the company. Marty brings extensive experience in operations, marketing and serving customers through the best technologies and processes available."
Most recently, Mr. Beard was Chairman and CEO of LiveOps, Inc., a leading provider of cloud applications for customer service. Under his leadership, LiveOps leveraged the cloud, mobile and social interactions to improve customer service interactions for its customers. Prior to joining LiveOps, Marty was President of Sybase 365 (a subsidiary of Sybase, Inc.), a mobile messaging and mobile commerce services unit, and held a series of executive positions including SVP of Marketing. Prior to Sybase, Marty worked at Oracle as Vice President of Oracle Online, its e-Commerce service unit. In his role at Oracle, he was responsible for leveraging the Web to improve customer sales and support.
Marty starts immediately.
A global leader in mobile communications, BlackBerry® revolutionized the mobile industry when it was introduced in 1999. Today, BlackBerry aims to inspire the success of our millions of customers around the world by continuously pushing the boundaries of mobile experiences. Founded in 1984 and based in Waterloo, Ontario, BlackBerry operates offices in North America, Europe, Middle East and Africa, Asia Pacific and Latin America. The Company trades under the ticker symbols "BB" on the Toronto Stock Exchange and "BBRY" on the NASDAQ. For more information, visit www.BlackBerry.com.
BlackBerry Media Relations
(519) 888-7465 x77273
- Where Are RIA Technologies Headed in 2008?
- PowerBuilder History - How Did It Evolve?
- Creation and Consumption of Web Services with PowerBuilder
- Cloud People: A Who's Who of Cloud Computing
- DDDW Tips and Tricks
- Working with SOA & Web Services in PowerBuilder
- Cloud Expo 2011 East To Attract 10,000 Delegates and 200 Exhibitors
- Dynamically Creating DataWindow Objects
- OLE - Extending the Capabilities of PowerBuilder
- DataWindow.NET How To: Data Entry Form
- Custom Common Dialogs Using SetWindowsHookEx
- Cloud Expo and The End of Tech Recession
- Solutions for Optimizing ASP.NET Applications
- Dynamic SQL
- Office 2003 Toolbar: A New Look For Your Old PowerBuilder App