|By Chris Pollach||
|July 11, 2014 02:01 PM EDT||
** Hot News **
Integrated Foundation Classes ( Service Pack #3) Released!
"THE" PB Classic & Appeon Framework!
(Version 188.8.131.52 - July 11, 2014)
The FC's are *free* and can be downloaded (along with an updated sample Order Entry application) from the SourceForge website!
Release 184.108.40.206 change highlights ...
- Corrected RHMB script on base DataWindow control to display the pop-up menu properly at the mouse pointer location when the parent Window is of type "Response".
- Added "Centering" logic to the base CHILD window "wn_child_master" to center off the "Controller" window when active.
- Fixed a BUG in the Tab Page base ancestor "nc_tp_master" that fired the "oe_postconstructor" event twice!
- Revised the centering logic on the base RESPONSE window "wn_response_master" to optimize the behaviour.
- Added "Centering" logic to the base POPUP window "wn_popup_master" to center off the "Controller" window when active.
- Added window "registration" logic to the base CHILD window "wn_child_master" to allow the Controller to track its resources.
- Fixed the base ancestor MAIN window "wn_main_master" to correct a register/Unregister issue with the active "Controller" window.
- Fixed the base ancestor CHILD window "wn_child_master" to correct a register/Unregister issue with the active "Controller" window.
- Fixed the base ancestor POPUP window "wn_popup_master" to correct a register/Unregister issue with the active "Controller" window.
- Added "parent" object registration to all STANDARD NON-VISUAL objects via an "of_register" method!
- Fixed a formatting bug in the SQL trace of the TRANSACTION and DATASTORE base ancestor objects.
- Added default Boolean, long and Integer instance work variables to all STANDARD NON-VISUAL objects.
- Added error event logging to the web service CONNECTION object base ancestor (ns_connection_master).
- Revised PB version checking to be INI driven versus hard coded.
- Added new "PB_Version=" parameter to the base INI file & related code in the supporting classes.
- Added a new "of_is_copy" method to the base transaction object (ns_transaction_master).
- Various small performance improvements!
Futures1) Tune the PB, Appeon Web and Appeon Mobile single source framework.
2) Add more PB, Web and Mobile features.
3) Integrate Open Source tools like Spell Checking, OCR, Imaging and more!
4) Add new GUI controls
5) Extend the IIS (Web Services) framework
Note: There will be BETA release of the FC's coming soon after Appeon 7.0 beta is released that supports multiple web browsers ... Please stay tuned to this blog for more news releases!
Regards ... Chris
- Where Are RIA Technologies Headed in 2008?
- PowerBuilder History - How Did It Evolve?
- Creation and Consumption of Web Services with PowerBuilder
- Cloud People: A Who's Who of Cloud Computing
- DDDW Tips and Tricks
- Cloud Expo 2011 East To Attract 10,000 Delegates and 200 Exhibitors
- Working with SOA & Web Services in PowerBuilder
- Dynamically Creating DataWindow Objects
- OLE - Extending the Capabilities of PowerBuilder
- DataWindow.NET How To: Data Entry Form