|By Chris Pollach||
|July 11, 2014 01:43 PM EDT||
** Hot News **
The main updates/changes included in Version #2 - Service Pack#1 to the STD Web Service FC's for IIs include ...
- Revised PB version checking to be INI driven versus being hard coded previously.
- Added new "PB_Version=" parameter to the base INI file.
- Added a new "of_copy" method to the base transaction object (ns_transaction_master). Allows the copying the current values to a new or existing Transaction object class.
- Fixed an INI file initialization bug when the framework is migrated to a higher PB version.
- Added a new "of_is_connected" method to the base transaction object (ns_transaction_master).
- Various performance improvements.
The Web Service framework - while greatly improving the PB & Appeon developer's productivity - also includes these types of features to help with RAD based projects:
- Helps the PB developer to Implement "stateless" programming
- Does DBMS transaction management automatically
- Manages DataStores for you automatically
- Manages DB updates for you automatically
- Facilitates MVC design & programming
- Provides Encryption / Decryption services
- Provides extended numerical services (ie: And / Or / Xor / Xand / etc features to PowerScript
- Provides Result Set generation for any data types
- Provides HTML generation for any data types
- Allows SMTP eMail generation / communication
- and much more!
Regards ... Chris
- Where Are RIA Technologies Headed in 2008?
- PowerBuilder History - How Did It Evolve?
- Creation and Consumption of Web Services with PowerBuilder
- Cloud People: A Who's Who of Cloud Computing
- DDDW Tips and Tricks
- Cloud Expo 2011 East To Attract 10,000 Delegates and 200 Exhibitors
- Working with SOA & Web Services in PowerBuilder
- Dynamically Creating DataWindow Objects
- Cloud Expo, Inc. Announces Cloud Expo 2011 New York Venue
- OLE - Extending the Capabilities of PowerBuilder