|By Chris Pollach||
|June 5, 2014 10:05 AM EDT||
PB Classic Web Service Framework - v2.0!
MVC (Model, View, Controller) architecture for superior performance, flexibility and extendability.
The Web Service framework - while greatly improving the PB & Appeon developer's productivity - also includes these types of features to help with RAD based projects:
- Helps the PB developer to Implement "stateless" programming
- Does DBMS transaction management automatically
- Manages DataStores for you automatically
- Manages DB updates for you automatically
- Facilitates MVC design & programming
- Provides Encryption / Decryption servicesProvides extended numerical services (ie: And / Or / Xor / Xand / etc features to PowerScript
- Provides Result Set generation for any data
- Provides HTML generation for any data
- Allows SMTP eMail generation
- and much more!
The main updates included in Version #2 to the STD Web Service FC's for IIs include....
- Ported the base Internet Result Set class "ns_internet_result_master" over from the Integrated framework to the IIs Web Service framework.
- Added session INI support to the framework in the BUSINESS abstract ancestor (nc_business_master).
- Added SYSTEM to System control checking (O/S, DB, & PB).
- Added resource TRACEing for SQL, print, memory, time, etc to the base ancestor DataStore (ns_ds_master).
- Added support for dynamic language setting to the IIS abstract ancestor (nc_iis_master).
- Added processor affinity support.
- Added dynamic debug switch support.
- Added full error handling to the TRANSACTION object base ancestor (ns_transaction_master).
- Added SQL tracing to the TRANSACTION object base ancestor (ns_transaction_master).
- Added "parent" object registration to all STANDARD NON-VISUAL objects via an "of_register" method!
- Fixed a formatting bug in the SQL trace of the TRANSACTION and DATASTORE base ancestor objects.
- Added default Boolean, long and Integer instance work variables to all STANDARD NON-VISUAL objects.
- Added new web service CONNECTION object base ancestor (ns_connection_master).
- Added INI file support for deployment to session handling
- Added default "WebService.INI" skeleton to the framework as a starter format for your projects.
- Added Compile DATE & Time stamps constants to the framework to trap the last "full build" information.
Regards ... Chris
- Where Are RIA Technologies Headed in 2008?
- PowerBuilder History - How Did It Evolve?
- Creation and Consumption of Web Services with PowerBuilder
- Cloud People: A Who's Who of Cloud Computing
- DDDW Tips and Tricks
- Cloud Expo 2011 East To Attract 10,000 Delegates and 200 Exhibitors
- Working with SOA & Web Services in PowerBuilder
- Dynamically Creating DataWindow Objects
- OLE - Extending the Capabilities of PowerBuilder
- DataWindow.NET How To: Data Entry Form