|By Business Wire||
|May 22, 2014 09:09 AM EDT||
Soonr, a leading provider of secure file sharing and collaboration services for business, today announced the appointment of Ahmet Tuncay as CEO and Sam Liu as Vice President of Marketing. Building on the company’s significant ongoing growth, the new appointments position Soonr with the vision, expertise and scalability to capitalize on the exponentially expanding enterprise file sharing and collaboration services market.
As CEO, Tuncay will lead the company’s expansion strategy, product vision and international expansion efforts. Tuncay joined Soonr in 2011 as Vice President of Products. Prior to joining Soonr, he was Vice President of Products at SpiderCloud Wireless. He also served as Senior Vice President and CTO at Trapeze Networks (acquired by Belden and subsequently by Juniper Networks). Tuncay was also the founding President of Iptera Networks and the founding CEO of SolarFlare Communications (acquired by Marvell). Throughout his career Tuncay has additionally held executive product management, marketing, and engineering roles at PairGain Technologies (acquired by ADC), SynOptics Communications (acquired by Nortel), and Electronic Data Systems (acquired by HP). He holds a Master of Science degree in Telecommunications and Computer Engineering from George Washington University and a Bachelor of Science degree in Electrical Engineering from the University of Maryland.
“Soonr continues to build upon its brand identity as a leading provider of enterprise file sharing solutions,” said John Kim, Chairman of the Board for Soonr. “Ahmet is an experienced executive who has the vision, leadership and passion to take Soonr to the next level. He has a proven track record for identifying new opportunities and expanding businesses. Under his direction, Soonr is exceptionally well positioned to capitalize on this dynamic market.”
“At Soonr, we are changing the landscape of how companies share files and collaborate in more secure and flexible ways,” said Tuncay. “We have built the IT-trusted solution that users eagerly embrace for the enterprise-grade file sharing that supports the collaboration, security and mobility needs of business. I am honored to lead the company as we evangelize this world-class solution and execute on our next phase of product innovation and growth.”
Liu brings an extensive array of marketing and product experience in the mobile, cloud and enterprise space to Soonr. In his new role, he is responsible for all marketing and product marketing functions worldwide, for both the direct and indirect business at Soonr. Prior to Soonr, Sam was the Vice President of Marketing and Business Development at Partnerpedia, an enterprise mobility management company, where he helped lead it from start-up to a successful M&A by BMC Software in 2013. Before Partnerpedia, he held executive marketing positions at start-ups including NetObjects and OmniSky, both of which reached IPOs. Liu’s experience also includes managing products at companies including HP, Sybase and Sun Microsystems. He holds a bachelor’s degree in Computer Science and an MBA.
“I am excited by the opportunities ahead for Soonr,” said Liu. “As companies look for new ways to increasingly empower their mobile workforce with flexible productivity solutions that also support company security and compliance demands, Soonr leads the discussion as an innovative visionary with the right technology at the right time. I am pleased to join the Soonr team and look forward to expanding our market presence and position as a leading player in the enterprise file sharing and collaboration market.”
Embraced by users and endorsed by IT, more than 150,000 businesses trust Soonr for their secure file sharing and collaboration needs. Soonr Workplace empowers mobile teams and organizations to do business faster from any device anywhere. We deliver our services through a worldwide network of cloud service providers, VARs, solution providers, and system integrators. Founded in 2005 and headquartered in Silicon Valley, we are privately-held and backed by major investors. Go to www.soonr.com and start your free trial today.
- SAP Withdraws PowerBuilder 15 and Releases 12.6 Instead!
- Free ASE & IQ Software
- AIRMAN on the Amazon Cloud via APPEON
- Appeon 2015 beta - New Release Highlights
- FacialNetwork, Global Leader In Cloud-Based Facial Recognition, Names Satya Yenigalla As Chief Operating Officer
- Five Best Practices to Help DBAs Simplify the Complexity of Managing Virtualized Databases
- SIOS Webinar to Address Optimizing Cost Savings and High Availability Protection for Postgres with EnterpriseDB and SIOS Clustering Software
- Where Are RIA Technologies Headed in 2008?
- PowerBuilder History - How Did It Evolve?
- Creation and Consumption of Web Services with PowerBuilder
- Cloud People: A Who's Who of Cloud Computing
- DDDW Tips and Tricks
- Working with SOA & Web Services in PowerBuilder
- Cloud Expo 2011 East To Attract 10,000 Delegates and 200 Exhibitors
- Dynamically Creating DataWindow Objects
- OLE - Extending the Capabilities of PowerBuilder
- DataWindow.NET How To: Data Entry Form
- Custom Common Dialogs Using SetWindowsHookEx
- Cloud Expo and The End of Tech Recession
- Solutions for Optimizing ASP.NET Applications
- Dynamic SQL
- Office 2003 Toolbar: A New Look For Your Old PowerBuilder App