|By Kevin Benedict||
|May 7, 2014 07:00 PM EDT||
Today, however, they have a multitude of rapidly growing enterprise mobility solutions and an aggressive plan and strategy for enterprise mobility. Among their mobility products are the following:
- Oracle Mobility Suite - MADP
- Oracle Mobile Security Suite - Mobile Application Management/Security
- Oracle ADF Mobile, soon to be named Mobile Application Framework - mobile app SDK
- Oracle Mobile Cloud - MBaaS category of products
History, however, may reward Oracle's patience. While veteran mobile platform vendors (including SAP) have struggled to keep up with the fast changing market, R&D investment requirements, the fickle preferences of mobile developers, and the emergence of cloud-based mobile services, Oracle has kept their focus on supporting mobile developers with integration services and tools that extend their solutions out to mobile apps. This enabled them to follow a long term, methodical and standards-based approach to mobility insulated from the ever changing mobile app development and platform space of the past few years. It is good to have some quiet time to think and observe.
As we near the mid-year mark in 2014, it seems like the enterprise mobility market is finally stabilizing. The lessons of early adopters have been learned and shared, strengths and weaknesses of various strategies have been exposed, and the preferences of developers and IT leaders are starting to clarify. I bet SAP wishes they had their $5.8 billion back in their pocket to invest today.
- Where Are RIA Technologies Headed in 2008?
- PowerBuilder History - How Did It Evolve?
- Creation and Consumption of Web Services with PowerBuilder
- Cloud People: A Who's Who of Cloud Computing
- DDDW Tips and Tricks
- Working with SOA & Web Services in PowerBuilder
- Cloud Expo 2011 East To Attract 10,000 Delegates and 200 Exhibitors
- Dynamically Creating DataWindow Objects
- OLE - Extending the Capabilities of PowerBuilder
- DataWindow.NET How To: Data Entry Form
- Custom Common Dialogs Using SetWindowsHookEx
- Cloud Expo and The End of Tech Recession
- Solutions for Optimizing ASP.NET Applications
- Dynamic SQL
- Office 2003 Toolbar: A New Look For Your Old PowerBuilder App