|By Chris Pollach||
|March 31, 2014 02:16 PM EDT||
Integrated Foundation Classes (Update)
Service Pack #2 (SP02)
The FC's are *free* and can be downloaded (along with an updated sample Order Entry application) from the SourceForge website!
|New ToolBar menu pop-up language support.|
Release 12.1.0 Changes ... March 31, 2014 GA - SP02
- Added new code to the visual OLE container's (vs_ole_master) "externalexception" event.
- Added new code to the visual OLE container's (vs_ole_master) "error" event.
Note: Items #1 & #2 bring the visual OLE container to be at par with its non-visual counter-part.
- Removed old Webform and WPF code from the abstract Window classes "wn_controller_master" and "wn_main_master".
- Corrected code in the base wn_master class that sets the Window titles on the PB application's tool bar RHMB
Note: Original code was broken during the creation of the "integrated" framework.
- Toolbar pop-up menu item text now translated properly into alternate languages
- Abstract window class wn_zoom_master controls enlarged to allow easier gesture control when running on Tablets and Smartphones.
- Error handling code improved on the DataWindow and DataStore base classes
- Removed unnecessary duplicate object class "wn_log_viewer" from the English, French and Spanish PB Libraries
- Added new messages to the base message DataWindow "dw_messages_e /f /s".
- Added new "Filter" option to the "Log viewer" class (wn_log_viewer_master".
- Unit tested all code changes with PB 12.1 build 6518, PB 12.5.1 build 4015 and Appeon 2013R2 ( Build 0110.00 - 64 bit)
- Web Tested on IE 10 & 11 and Mobile tested on iO/s iPad4 and Android based Nexus 10 devices.
- Application Controller changed to check the Application Object's class mappings (ie: Error, Message, SQLCA, etc)
Note: If these mappings do not point to the STD FC's objects, mapping errors will be logged and a message displayed.
- The Calendar base object "wn_calendar_master" now has new English, French and Spanish extensions!
- The "wn_calendar_master" was changed to allow either a String or Structure to pass the intial date.
- The "VGA" INI parameter and its associated code were removed from the FC's.
(this was only used for Pocket PowerBuilder which is now deprecated).
- Fixed a bug handling the "Debug_Mode=" INI file setting
- Changed the Appeon INI setting in the default INI file to use the "Logging" keyword.
- Added new code to the FC's Logging feature to also simultaneously write to the Appeon Log file if "Logging=Y" in the APPEON section of the INI file.
- A new "oe_std_fc" event added to the Message, Transaction, Error, SQL Stage, and SQL Description base classes.
- A new "of_get_HPos" method added to the DataWindow Control base class to allow DC's to get the amount the user has already scrolled the DW object inside the control.
- Added new "of_log" to the "ghost" appeonextfuncs object in the "STD_FC_Appeon.pbl" to match the updated Appeon WorkArounds.pbl
(Note: This is to ensure Appeon2013R2 compatibility).
- The PB.NET version of the framework was officially deprecated and is no longer supported!
Futures1) Tune the PB, Appeon Web and Appeon Mobile single source framework.
2) Add more PB, Web and Mobile features.
3) Integrate Open Source tools like Spell Checking, OCR, Imaging and more!
4) Add new GUI controls
5) Extend the IIS (Web Services) framework
Note: There will be another release of the FC's coming soon for Appeon 7.0 (multiple browser support) ... Please stay tuned to this blog for more news releases!
Regards ... Chris
- Where Are RIA Technologies Headed in 2008?
- PowerBuilder History - How Did It Evolve?
- Creation and Consumption of Web Services with PowerBuilder
- Cloud People: A Who's Who of Cloud Computing
- DDDW Tips and Tricks
- Cloud Expo 2011 East To Attract 10,000 Delegates and 200 Exhibitors
- Working with SOA & Web Services in PowerBuilder
- Dynamically Creating DataWindow Objects
- OLE - Extending the Capabilities of PowerBuilder
- DataWindow.NET How To: Data Entry Form