|By Chris Pollach||
|January 16, 2014 07:51 AM EST||
Integrated Foundation Classes (Update)
Service Pack #1 (SP01)
The FC's are *free* and can be downloaded (along with an updated sample Order Entry application) from the SourceForge website!
The changes to the FC's are as follows .....
Release 12.1.0 Changes ... January 12, 2014 GA - SP01
- Added new Message-box Window (wn_message_box_master) ancestor that replaces the MS-Windows & Appeon default Message-box dialogue. This allows the framework to control the language and presentation format better.
- Added new "of_messagebox) method to the Application Controller that integrates with the new Message Box dialogue.
- Added & refined the built-in English, Spanish and French translations.
- Added a new "nc_active_directory" NVUO that brokers communications with the your MS-Windows, Novell, etc Active Directory Server for Login (single-sign-on) and Group/Role authentication (application security).
- Fixed a bug in the "oe_exit" user event code in the master controller window (wn_controller_master).
- Added ToolTip support for DataWindow objects for Appeon Web (not supported natively).
- Removed unused menu item "M_0" from mu_application_master.
- Removed WEBFORM "Project" object (no longer used as Webform feature is deprecated).
- Moved all internal FC images to a new "Images" sub-folder.
- Moved all internal FC DLL's to a new "DLL" sub-folder.
- Removed all SIP events (PocketPC) from the framework (not required for Appeon Mobile)
- Removed old WPF, Webforms & PocketBuilder deprecated code.
- Added boolean, integer and long work variables to ancestor base menu for ease of coding at the concrete object class level.
- Completed the French and Spanish message translations for MSG ID's 56-60
- Various Appeon Web container CVUO fixes.
OO Model Documentation
- Added new oe_lock_device event to the base ancestor window. When activated, this locks the user's workstation (works in Win32 and Appeon Web).
- Removed extraneous resizing code from wn_master base ancestor window.
- The "OrderEntry" sample application's Splash Screen now displays the Appeon environments (Web or Mobile).
- Changed abstract LOG Display dialog to size & center better in the browser.
- Added new oe_validate event to base ancestor window (like the PFC uses)
- Added new vc_web_container_master object for Appeon Web.
- Added new vc_web_layout_master object for Appeon Web.
- Consolidated the PB, PK, Appeon Web and Appeon Mobile code lines.
- Removed PocketBuilder deprecated code line.
- Optimized various code segments for better performance
- Added new support for iOS devices
- Added new "About" dialog tab pages for Web & Mobile
- Fixed free & used memory calculations for 64 bit O/S's.
- Added more device information in the logging feature (Native, Web & Mobile).
- Changed "logging" feature to also use AWS (Appeon Work Space) new log feature (Mobile 1.5).
- New "VE" folder that now contains all the integrated framework documentation in web browser format - generated by the Visual Expert product!
- New "OOM" Folder that now contains an Object Oriented Model (OOM) of the Integrated framework - Generated by PowerDesigner. Note: To view the OOM, use the free PowerDesigner Viewer. PD Viewer download link (click here):
Futures1) Tune the PB, Appeon Web and Appeon Mobile single source framework.
2) Add more PB, Web and Mobile features.
3) Integrate Open Source tools like Spell Checking, OCR, Imaging and more!
4) Add new GUI controls
5) Discontinue support for PB.Net
Note: There will be another release of the FC's coming soon for Appeon Mobile 2.0! Stay tuned to this blog for more news releases!
=> Come to the North Carolina PowerBuilder User's PB Conference in March 2014 to see and hear more about the STD Foundation Classes
Regards ... Chris
- Where Are RIA Technologies Headed in 2008?
- PowerBuilder History - How Did It Evolve?
- Creation and Consumption of Web Services with PowerBuilder
- Cloud People: A Who's Who of Cloud Computing
- DDDW Tips and Tricks
- Cloud Expo 2011 East To Attract 10,000 Delegates and 200 Exhibitors
- Working with SOA & Web Services in PowerBuilder
- Dynamically Creating DataWindow Objects
- OLE - Extending the Capabilities of PowerBuilder
- Cloud Expo and The End of Tech Recession