|By Chris Pollach||
|January 13, 2014 12:24 PM EST||
PB Classic Web Service Framework
Software Tool & Die Inc are please to announce the release of their updated (Service Pack #1) Web Service STD Foundation Classes for IIs (STD FC IIs). The updated Web Service IIs framework is solely targeted to helping PowerBuilder Classic developers, develop .Net based Web Services deployed to IIs. The new IIs based framework - while taking advantage of RAD techniques - employes an MVC (Model, View, Controller) architecture for superior performance, flexibility and extendability. All the STD frameworks are free and can be downloaded from its STD Foundation Classes SourceForge project website.
The Web Service framework while greatly improving the PB & Appeon developer's productivity also includes these types of features to help with RAD based projects:
- Helps the PB developer to Implement "stateless" programming
- Does DBMS transaction management automatically
- Manages DataStores for you automatically
- Manages DB updates for you automatically
- Facilitates MVC design & programming
- Provides Encryption / Decryption servicesProvides extended numerical services (ie: And / Or / Xor / Xand / etc features to PowerScript
- Provides Result Set generation for any data
- Provides HTML generation for any data
- Allows STMP eMail generation
- and much more!
The main update (Service Pack #1) to the STD Web Service FC's for IIs includes a new Active Directory NVUO with various methods & properties that enable the WS developer to utilize both the Active Directory client & server entities to enable common login (authentication) and role/group authorization for application functionality security using your organization's Active Directory software.
The following changes were implemented in the FC's SP01 for IIs as follows:
Release 12.1.0 Initial Release ... January 12, 2014 (GA) SP01
- Added the "nc_active_directory" NVUO object that supports MS-Windows, Novell, etc AD Server communications
- New "VE" folder that now contains all the automated framework documentation in web browser format - Generated by VisualExpert
- New "OOM" Folder that now contains an Object Oriented Model (OOM) of the IIs framework. This was generated using PowerDesigner. To view the OOM, use the free PowerDesigner Viewer which can be downloaded at: http://global.sap.com/campaign/ne/sybase/powerdesigner16_viewer/index.ep...
Regards ... Chris
- Where Are RIA Technologies Headed in 2008?
- PowerBuilder History - How Did It Evolve?
- Creation and Consumption of Web Services with PowerBuilder
- Cloud People: A Who's Who of Cloud Computing
- DDDW Tips and Tricks
- Working with SOA & Web Services in PowerBuilder
- Cloud Expo 2011 East To Attract 10,000 Delegates and 200 Exhibitors
- Dynamically Creating DataWindow Objects
- OLE - Extending the Capabilities of PowerBuilder
- DataWindow.NET How To: Data Entry Form