|By Chris Pollach||
|September 23, 2013 07:40 AM EDT||
Come celebrate OSUG's 21th Birthday!
Dear Sybase User;
Please join us on Thursday October 31, 2013 and Friday November 1, 2013 for the next Ottawa Sybase User Group (OSUG) special event! OSUG's mission is to create a Sybase community in the National Capital area of Canada where users can share knowledge, experiences, and best practices. Users of all Sybase products, including data management, tools and mobility are welcome to attend. This meeting will feature networking opportunities, product updates and a discussion.
The OSUG October 31st / November 1st meeting will be held in Ottawa at Constitution Square in the double Board Room (down the hallway from the Queen's University MBA lecture theater). Constitution Square is located at 350 Albert Street (at Lyon) just across the street from the Crowne Plaza hotel. Bus access is right to the door and parking is available at the hotel, in Constitution Square and across the street. The Double Board room is located on the second floor (center) and can be accessed from either the west or east elevators.
Days Agenda (Tentative):
- Update on PowerBuilder situation
- Introduction to Appeon 2013
- Appeon Demonstrations
- Product road-map
- Introduction to other PB companion products
- Demo of other PB companion products
- Introduction of Visual Expert 7.0
- Hands-on lab to install & use Visual Expert
- Hands-on lab to install Appeon Web & Mobile (I can do this)
- Hands-on lab to configure and deploy an app with Appeon Web & Mobile (I can do this)
- Hands-on lab for advanced developer techniques with Appeon (I would need your help with this one)
How to Register
To register for the above event, please follow this link (click here). This will take you to the PB World Tour website. From there, select "Cities" => "Ottawa" from the pull down menu then, follow the "register" link to complete your registration!
Note: Everyone is welcome ... so I hope to see attendees again from Toronto, Montreal and northern New York state!
Constitution Square at 350 Albert Street, Ottawa, Ontario. The lecture rooms are located on the center section of the second floor level.
------------------------------------ BIO's ------------------------------------
Armeen Mazda has been a key member of the initial team that founded Appeon and is currently the President & CEO of Appeon. Armeen has worked with Sybase and PowerBuilder technologies since 2000 and served various roles in Appeon, including Product Management, Business Development, and Operations. Armeen is a graduate of the Haas School of Business at U.C. Berkeley and holds 5 U.S. patents in the area of Rich Internet Application (RIA) technologies.
Chris Pollach is a Senior Technical Solutions Architect with over 30 years experience in Systems and Software Analysis, Development, Maintenance and Technical Support. He is the founder of the Ottawa Sybase User Group, President of Software Tool & Die and author of the STD Foundation Classes for PowerBuilder.
Regards ... Chris
OSUG - Co-Ordinator
- Where Are RIA Technologies Headed in 2008?
- PowerBuilder History - How Did It Evolve?
- Creation and Consumption of Web Services with PowerBuilder
- Cloud People: A Who's Who of Cloud Computing
- DDDW Tips and Tricks
- Cloud Expo 2011 East To Attract 10,000 Delegates and 200 Exhibitors
- Working with SOA & Web Services in PowerBuilder
- Dynamically Creating DataWindow Objects
- Cloud Expo, Inc. Announces Cloud Expo 2011 New York Venue
- OLE - Extending the Capabilities of PowerBuilder