|By Business Wire||
|February 20, 2013 03:00 AM EST||
Synactive, Inc., (www.guixt.com) today announced the availability of GuiXT® Liquid UI™ Client for SAP which connects to SAP® ERP through patented connectivity technology enabling users to access native SAP transactions. The app, now available through the App Store, requires no additional infrastructure for users to experience SAP GUI re-designed and re-imagined for iPads, iPhones and iPod touch devices.
Synactive also announced the Liquid UI Platform that enables new mobile applications to be built on top of existing SAP transaction logic through a innovative “record once, run everywhere” technology, without Java or ABAP programming. A single script can create front-end changes to SAP GUI, scan guns, web browser and smartphones/tablets. “Just start from any SAP ERP module and build upon it,” said DeeDee Kato, Director of Marketing at Synactive. “Liquid UI connects to SAP ERP via highly efficient native connectivity protocols, without the need for browsers, Web servers, ITS, or the Sybase® Unwired Platform. An additional benefit to the connectivity protocol is that all existing SAP security and authorizations remain intact.”
“Creating the best possible SAP ERP experience for all touch points, including all iOS devices, remains our focus,” said Thomas Ewe, CEO and founder of Synactive, Inc. “We’re seeing companies moving away from expensive handheld scanners to more cost-effective iOS devices. Liquid UI for iOS plans to support every industry-standard sled attachment, so companies can deploy a POS solution for SAP, like what they have in Apple Stores, within a matter of days.”
Additional features introduced in the Liquid UI Platform include:
- Encryption, ensuring the connection from a device to the SAP system is stable and secure
- Workflow integration through email that launches Liquid UI for quick approvals
- SAP session persistence even when network connectivity is lost or iOS app is shutdown
- Barcode scanning is supported with the device’s built-in camera. Third party scanning sleds will be supported soon.
For more information about Liquid UI for iOS, the Liquid UI Platform and all GuiXT Products and Solutions, contact Synactive and its many global partners, including Capgemini, iTelligence, Linx/AS, and Optimal Solutions Integration.
About Synactive, Inc.
Synactive, Inc., enables clients to accelerate SAP processes and achieve significant business results, setting the standard in customized, end-to-end solutions for SAP solutions. As an SAP software solution and technology partner in the SAP PartnerEdge™ program, GuiXT is pre-packaged in installations of the SAP GUI—4.6b to 7.30. Synactive is a privately held software company headquartered in Foster City, CA, that provides products and solutions to more than 1,000 organizations around the world. Please visit us at www.guixt.com for more information about Liquid UI for iOS and all the GuiXT Products and Solutions for desktop, mobile, and offline.
SAP, PartnerEdge and all SAP logos are trademarks or registered trademarks of SAP AG in Germany and in several other countries. Sybase is a trademark or registered trademark of Sybase, Inc. ® indicates registration in the United States. Sybase is an SAP company.
All other product and service names mentioned are the trademarks of their respective companies.
- SAP Withdraws PowerBuilder 15 and Releases 12.6 Instead!
- Free ASE & IQ Software
- AIRMAN on the Amazon Cloud via APPEON
- Appeon 2015 beta - New Release Highlights
- FacialNetwork, Global Leader In Cloud-Based Facial Recognition, Names Satya Yenigalla As Chief Operating Officer
- Five Best Practices to Help DBAs Simplify the Complexity of Managing Virtualized Databases
- SIOS Webinar to Address Optimizing Cost Savings and High Availability Protection for Postgres with EnterpriseDB and SIOS Clustering Software
- Where Are RIA Technologies Headed in 2008?
- PowerBuilder History - How Did It Evolve?
- Creation and Consumption of Web Services with PowerBuilder
- Cloud People: A Who's Who of Cloud Computing
- DDDW Tips and Tricks
- Working with SOA & Web Services in PowerBuilder
- Cloud Expo 2011 East To Attract 10,000 Delegates and 200 Exhibitors
- Dynamically Creating DataWindow Objects
- OLE - Extending the Capabilities of PowerBuilder
- DataWindow.NET How To: Data Entry Form
- Custom Common Dialogs Using SetWindowsHookEx
- Cloud Expo and The End of Tech Recession
- Solutions for Optimizing ASP.NET Applications
- Dynamic SQL
- Office 2003 Toolbar: A New Look For Your Old PowerBuilder App