|By PR Newswire||
|December 11, 2012 10:10 AM EST||
BILLERICA, Mass., Dec. 11, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- VoltDB, the world's fastest high-velocity database, today announced it has launched a formal multi-tier partner program to meet the growing demand from resellers, OEMs and technology partners. The global program will be run by Eric Sansonetti, who recently joined VoltDB as vice president, business partnerships.
"VoltDB is the only database on the market that solves the data velocity challenge facing big data applications," said Sansonetti. "VoltDB is the data engine providing extraordinary performance within high valued customer solutions. These unique solutions are provided by our partners either as packaged applications, integrated software-hardware solution bundles or custom developed applications.
This means high value to both our partners and their customers. As a direct result of our technology, every day we hear new examples of customers and partners creating applications that simply could not be developed with any other database – period."
VoltDB is an in-memory database designed for applications requiring database throughput that can reach millions of operations per second. With a scale-out architecture, flawless fault tolerance and the ability to enable real-time visibility into the data that drives business value, VoltDB is making it possible for developers to create an entirely new generation of big data applications that couldn't be delivered with traditional offerings or NoSQL databases.
Modeled after highly successful partner programs Sansonetti created for industry leaders such as VidSys, Groove Networks, Marathon Technologies and Sybase, the VoltDB program will include the following highly flexible partnership options:
- Teaming Partners – a partnership designed for one project opportunity at a time or an occasional need to resell VoltDB to satisfy specific customer requirement. This type of relationship tends to be used by system integrators.
- Certified System Integrators – a partnership designed to provide valued differentiation and a measure of quality for VoltDB customers who engage professional services and consulting organizations to design and develop VoltDB solutions.
- VARs – formalized programs that provide a continuing relationship for the partner to resell full use licenses of VoltDB products and services as part of an integrated solution sold to various customers.
- Strategic Partnerships – a relationship that typically requires customized terms crafted on a case-by-case basis, these partnerships will include OEMs looking to embed VoltDB as part of an application, appliance or other complete integrated solution offering.
"Our partner program reflects the larger VoltDB business philosophy of making it as easy as possible for customers to obtain unprecedented value from our technology," continued Sansonetti. "To that end, the VoltDB partner program establishes a set of formal business relationships that are well-defined, flexible and adaptable to the business models of our partners."
VoltDB provides an in-memory relational database that combines high-velocity data ingestion and real-time data analytics and decisioning to enable organizations to unleash a new generation of big data applications that deliver unprecedented business value. Organizations in markets ranging from financial services and Web media, to public utilities and national defense, use VoltDB to narrow the "ingestion-to-decision" gap from minutes, or even hours, to milliseconds. Founded by database legend Dr. Michael Stonebraker, VoltDB is privately held and based in Billerica, Mass.
Davies Murphy Group, Inc.
- Where Are RIA Technologies Headed in 2008?
- PowerBuilder History - How Did It Evolve?
- Creation and Consumption of Web Services with PowerBuilder
- Cloud People: A Who's Who of Cloud Computing
- DDDW Tips and Tricks
- Cloud Expo 2011 East To Attract 10,000 Delegates and 200 Exhibitors
- Working with SOA & Web Services in PowerBuilder
- Dynamically Creating DataWindow Objects
- Cloud Expo, Inc. Announces Cloud Expo 2011 New York Venue
- OLE - Extending the Capabilities of PowerBuilder