|By Kevin Benedict||
|October 16, 2012 11:21 AM EDT||
Also read Enterprise Mobility Asia News Weekly
Also read Field Mobility News Weekly
Also read Mobile Commerce News Weekly
Also read Mobile Health News Weekly
Also read Mobility News Weekly
According to a new study from Pike Research, global investments in smart city infrastructures will reach $108 billion by 2020. Read Original Content.
Market research firm MarketsandMarkets expects cloud computing and smartphones to fuel a healthy 26.1 percent compound annual growth rate for the global M2M market, reaching close to $86 billion by 2017. Read Original Content.
According to ABI Research, the application enablement platform and connected device platform for the M2M market will grow to $3.85 billion by 2017. Read Original Content.
ILS Technology provides ready-to-use cloud based platforms to implement and manage M2M (machine to machine) and embedded wireless devices that connect to SAP. ILS Technology simplifies deployments and offers unparalleled security to protect company and customer data and to ensure regulatory compliance. This newsletter is sponsored in part by ILS Technology.
During a keynote at MobileCon in San Diego this week, Sanjay Poonen, president of technology and innovation products at SAP, highlighted his company's plans to use M2M and the cloud as opportunities for app development and new entrants in the mobile commerce space. Read Original Content.
TechNavio's analysts forecast the Global M2M Wireless Network Services market to grow at a compound annual rate of 29.4 percent over the period 2011-2015. One of the key factors contributing to this market growth is the increasing number of mobile devices and better network coverage. Read Original Content.
German operator group Deutsche Telekom has partnered with US SIM card solution provider Digi, which specialises in supplying industrial-grade M2M solutions. Read Original Content.
Option, a global leader in wireless connectivity, security and experience, today announces CloudGate, a secure and reliable 3G M2M gateway that brings new levels of flexibility and ease of deployment for M2M solutions in the US market. Read Original Content.
TechNavio's analysts forecast the Global Smart Grid Home Area Network market to grow at a compound annual rate of 17.05 percent over the period 2011-2015. One of the key factors contributing to this market growth is the integration of various technologies into the power grid. Read Original Content.
Founded in 1979, DSI is a global provider of Enterprise Mobility Solutions®, helping companies worldwide increase productivity and profitability regardless of data source, device type, operating system or network connectivity. DSI serves clients globally through its offices in Australia, Canada, China, France, Hong Kong, India, Japan, Singapore, the United Kingdom and the United States. This newsletter is sponsored in part by DSI.
According to a report by Pike Research, global investment in four key areas – traffic management systems, public transportation systems, vehicle-to-vehicle systems and smart charging for plug-in electric vehicles – is expected to reach $13.1billion between 2011 and 2017. Indeed annual spending is expected to surge from $770 million in 2011 to $3 billion in 2017. Read Original Content.
Research firm Pike Research expects smart appliance sales to show greater increases after 2015. The firm expects worldwide sales of smart appliances to climb rapidly for the remainder of the decade, reaching just under 45 million units per year in 2020. Read Original Content.
Recent Articles by Kevin Benedict
Mobile Expert Video Series: Puneet Suppal on SAP Hana
Enterprise Mobility, Risk Management and Remote Job Sites
Mobile Expert Video Series: Jeff Wallace
Mobile Expert Video Series: Michael King
Mobile Expert Video Series: Sahara Alexis
Determining Anticipated ROIs for Enterprise Mobility
Mobile Expert Video Series: Sandra Benson
- SAP Withdraws PowerBuilder 15 and Releases 12.6 Instead!
- Free ASE & IQ Software
- AIRMAN on the Amazon Cloud via APPEON
- Appeon 2015 beta - New Release Highlights
- FacialNetwork, Global Leader In Cloud-Based Facial Recognition, Names Satya Yenigalla As Chief Operating Officer
- Five Best Practices to Help DBAs Simplify the Complexity of Managing Virtualized Databases
- SIOS Webinar to Address Optimizing Cost Savings and High Availability Protection for Postgres with EnterpriseDB and SIOS Clustering Software
- Where Are RIA Technologies Headed in 2008?
- PowerBuilder History - How Did It Evolve?
- Creation and Consumption of Web Services with PowerBuilder
- Cloud People: A Who's Who of Cloud Computing
- DDDW Tips and Tricks
- Working with SOA & Web Services in PowerBuilder
- Cloud Expo 2011 East To Attract 10,000 Delegates and 200 Exhibitors
- Dynamically Creating DataWindow Objects
- OLE - Extending the Capabilities of PowerBuilder
- DataWindow.NET How To: Data Entry Form
- Custom Common Dialogs Using SetWindowsHookEx
- Cloud Expo and The End of Tech Recession
- Solutions for Optimizing ASP.NET Applications
- Dynamic SQL
- Office 2003 Toolbar: A New Look For Your Old PowerBuilder App