|By Liz McMillan||
|August 13, 2012 05:00 PM EDT||
eLearnIT LLC, global independent provider of SAP Sybase PowerBuilder developer eTraining, Seminars and Workshops, in cooperation with the International Sybase User Group (ISUG), a trade association representing more than eight thousand members in more than sixty countries around the globe, is pleased to announce the general availability of its Advanced PowerBuilder for Professionals eTraining series.
eLearnIT's courses use a modern web based, comprehensive, self-paced, rich media presentation format that is available 24/7 and includes text and audio descriptions, video demonstrations and hands-on lab exercises. This course was created by and is taught by Yakov Werde, one of the most experienced and respected PowerBuilder instructors worldwide. The lab exercises included support versions 12.0 and 12.5 Classic.
"eLearnIT developed its unique, cost effective, online training format to respond to current industry trends and economic conditions where organizations sometimes find it a challenge to hire skilled and experienced PowerBuilder developers to create new applications or to maintain and extend their existing PowerBuilder custom business application software," said Yakov Werde, President of eLearnIT.
"Realizing the risk and expense of rewriting their core business applications in some other language, many companies choose to hire competent developers from other disciplines and transition them over to the PowerBuilder platform. eLearnIT's self-paced training courses are an ideal cost effective tool to help companies succeed in readying their developers to work with PowerBuilder."
Advanced PowerBuilder for Professionals, Part 1 picks up where eLearnIT's PowerBuilder Essentials course leaves off, going beyond the core concepts introduced in the earlier course. It provides ten, in-depth topics, that span the full breadth and scope of the PowerBuilder Classic platform. Each topic contains in-depth audio and text descriptions and video presentations accompanied by supporting hands-on lab exercises.
The new course topics are:
- Custom Class User Objects: Future-proofing your logic for maintainability, reuse and portability
- User Objects: Building reusable and dynamic GUI and framework code elements
- Object Orientation: Coding for reuse, efficiency and maintainability
- Error and Exceptions: Writing robust handlers using built-in platform APIs
- MDI Presentation Style: Enhancing the user experience through effective, consistent user interfaces
- Stored Procedure DataWindow Objects: Accessing and updating the database in a secure, high performance way
- DataWindow Buffer Access APIs: Acquiring an arsenal of tools for interacting with client-side data sets
- DataWindow Object Expression Language: Creating dynamic, informative and responsive data presentations
- Dynamic DataWindow Expression API: Adding runtime modifiable behaviors to DataWindow presentations
- Child DataWindow Objects: Achieving enhanced DataWindow data entry and providing effective data presentations in a pure PowerBuilder way
"Along with helping developers master language constructs, APIs and tooling, the course demonstrates best practice approaches to PowerBuilder software development in the context of a real world application. Developers will get answers to the Why and When questions in addition to the usual How and What covered by most training courses," noted Werde. "As I often say, I won't be there with you Monday morning to tell you what to do. You better be ready to stand on your own!"
"Yakov Werde is a leader in visual online training, and he has developed a fantastic addition to the original course which organizations and their developers responded very positively to," commented Mike Harrold, Executive Director, ISUG. "Businesses embraced the Core Fundamentals course with open arms to help them solve their staffing needs, and we anticipate a similar response to the first installment of the Advanced PowerBuilder for Professionals offering from our education and training partner, eLearnIT. We look forward to continuing our partnership for many years to come."
The course will be available on August 1st and includes an ISUG membership that entitles the developer to a personal-use copy of PowerBuilder 12.5. For details on getting started, special pricing for existing or prior Core course learners, bundle pricing for the entire PowerBuilder series and multi-developer discounts visit www.isug.com/pbtraining
About eLearnIT, LLC
eLearnIT is a US based PowerBuilder consulting company specializing in all aspects of PowerBuilder Classic and PowerBuilder .NET technology. eLearnIT provides both quick start and full life-cycle project consulting, developer mentoring and developer training services. President Yakov Werde is a member of TeamSybase, a Sybase MVP, a Sybase certified developer and instructor. Mr. Werde is a popular presenter at user group meetings and annual Sybase conferences, and he shares his more than 17 years of PowerBuilder training and consulting experience withstudents in his course designs. eLearnIT can be found online at www.elearnitonline.com.
Founded more than 20 years ago, the International Sybase User Group is an independent association that represents thousands of users of Sybase products in more than 60 countries around the world. Members network together through local, regional and virtual meetings to share ideas, solutions and insights into SAP's Sybase technologies, all of which results in increased learning, and thus increased earning potential. Membership in ISUG is obtained by simply joining one of ISUG's regional, local or virtual user groups. For more information on ISUG, or to become a member, please visit www.isug.com.
- Where Are RIA Technologies Headed in 2008?
- PowerBuilder History - How Did It Evolve?
- Creation and Consumption of Web Services with PowerBuilder
- Cloud People: A Who's Who of Cloud Computing
- DDDW Tips and Tricks
- Working with SOA & Web Services in PowerBuilder
- Cloud Expo 2011 East To Attract 10,000 Delegates and 200 Exhibitors
- Dynamically Creating DataWindow Objects
- OLE - Extending the Capabilities of PowerBuilder
- DataWindow.NET How To: Data Entry Form