|By Ian Thain||
|August 9, 2012 08:15 AM EDT||
One thing I feel so strongly about as a Mobile Evangelist, and I guess I should do, is that Mobile is Empowering!!! Not only in the Consumer space as we already know by the mLifestyle that we all seem to be living, but in the Enterprise or Business space.
The Empowering force of Mobile is becoming more the norm and is creating opportunities to change the way our Information Workers can plan and execute their day and important meetings/decisions. Here are some points that I feel compelled to share with you. Points that its my belief should be printed and pinned on the wall of every Mobile Development Team and Mobile Innovation Council...
- Enterprise Apps consuming Corporate Data for the Information Worker, enabling immediate competitive advantage. Mobile is Empowering!!!
- Enterprise Apps streamlining existing business processes, enabling workers to be proactive rather than reactive. Mobile is Empowering!!!
- Prosumer influences innovation & technology. They expect the same App Store Experience & Amazing, Beautiful & Compelling Apps. Mobile is Empowering!!!
- Innovation by developing In-House Mobile Apps against multiple os' & existing back-end systems in a future proof way with a MEAP. Mobile is Empowering!!!
- Corporate data is priceless & when taken on the road mobile device becomes invaluable & should be secured with MDM. Mobile is Empowering!!!
- Plan & Build for Innovation on Mobile, don't get caught in the starting blocks as others sprint away. Mobile is Empowering!!!
- Mobile Apps cross many boundaries... Consumer, Social, Geographic, Language & Business. Design & Build for all. Mobile is Empowering!!!
Keep these in mind every day and make sure you Empower today for a Mobile Advantage Tomorrow!
Please follow me on Twitter @ithain
- Where Are RIA Technologies Headed in 2008?
- PowerBuilder History - How Did It Evolve?
- Creation and Consumption of Web Services with PowerBuilder
- Cloud People: A Who's Who of Cloud Computing
- DDDW Tips and Tricks
- Cloud Expo 2011 East To Attract 10,000 Delegates and 200 Exhibitors
- Working with SOA & Web Services in PowerBuilder
- Dynamically Creating DataWindow Objects
- OLE - Extending the Capabilities of PowerBuilder
- DataWindow.NET How To: Data Entry Form