|By Ian Thain||
|August 6, 2012 08:57 AM EDT||
It came to me whilst watching the London 2012 Olympics and after reading Eric Lai's blog last week (http://www.zdnet.com/what-olympic-sports-use-the-most-mobile-technology-7000001746/), that mentioned Mobile Apps used during the Olympics, that not only is London 2012 aiming to Inspire a Generation but the Mobile age that we are in now will also have the same effect. We are currently building Mobile Apps, for the Consumer Market and the Enterprise that will have a profound reach into the future. Just like the construction companies in building the Olympic Park we too as Mobile architects, designers and developers need to have a plan in mind.
For the Mobile Enterprise App, its foundations are Device Security & Management. This base needs to be rock solid, thought about and put into place first, with Mobile Governance policies also documented. Then and only then can the rest of the construction start.
Think of the App as the Building... its built for a specific reason and its exterior is the UX. Just like any building designed by a visionary architect, the mobile app expected by the Prosumer in your company, must be designed to achieve an amazing experience. One that achieves a beautiful and compelling app.
Just like the design of a Building, the Mobile Enterprise App should be developed on an Industrial Strength Reproducible Blueprint/Technology. The Mobile Enterprise Application Platform (MEAP) is a way of forward thinking! It protects the investment of your company in the mobilisation of your core assets... your information from existing systems. It enables the creation of apps for multiple Mobile OS' and multiple back end systems, in a way that uses reusable construction blocks.
For building the Mobile Enterprise a skilled and aware development workforce is needed again, just like a construction site... It is not just about heavy lifting. So keep track of available Developer Programs and Resources, that aid the investigation, education and integration of existing skilled personnel into the wide and wonderful world of Mobile.
Inspire Mobile Generations to Come!
Please follow me on Twitter @ithain
- SAP Withdraws PowerBuilder 15 and Releases 12.6 Instead!
- Free ASE & IQ Software
- AIRMAN on the Amazon Cloud via APPEON
- Appeon 2015 beta - New Release Highlights
- FacialNetwork, Global Leader In Cloud-Based Facial Recognition, Names Satya Yenigalla As Chief Operating Officer
- Five Best Practices to Help DBAs Simplify the Complexity of Managing Virtualized Databases
- SIOS Webinar to Address Optimizing Cost Savings and High Availability Protection for Postgres with EnterpriseDB and SIOS Clustering Software
- Where Are RIA Technologies Headed in 2008?
- PowerBuilder History - How Did It Evolve?
- Creation and Consumption of Web Services with PowerBuilder
- Cloud People: A Who's Who of Cloud Computing
- DDDW Tips and Tricks
- Working with SOA & Web Services in PowerBuilder
- Cloud Expo 2011 East To Attract 10,000 Delegates and 200 Exhibitors
- Dynamically Creating DataWindow Objects
- OLE - Extending the Capabilities of PowerBuilder
- DataWindow.NET How To: Data Entry Form
- Custom Common Dialogs Using SetWindowsHookEx
- Cloud Expo and The End of Tech Recession
- Solutions for Optimizing ASP.NET Applications
- Dynamic SQL
- Office 2003 Toolbar: A New Look For Your Old PowerBuilder App