|By Web 2.0 News Desk||
|February 8, 2006 04:00 PM EST||
SYS-CON Special Correspondent John A. Barry and West Coast Bureau Chief Roger Strukhoff conducted the interviews, which were held at Sybase headquarters in Dublin, CA.
Chen discussed how previous concepts from Sybase such as "information liquidity" and "the unwired enteprise" remain key components of what the company is working to achieve, even if the company's mission is now conducted under the rubric of "the adaptive enterprise." He discussed the company's recent Adaptive Server Enterprise (ASE 15.0) release, as well as recent results that showed growth in wireless markets.
Chen also noted that open source has become a major topic of conversation, and one that Sybase is not ignoring. His opinion is that there have been many "software paradigms" over the past 20 years, with open source being the latest one.
In the second part of the interview, Chen discussed China, a well-known favorite topic of his. He said that he worries about the debate over China in general being polarized, and said it was a complex matter to understand what was going on in the society, where the opportunities lie, and what the significance of China's growth really means.
The interview can be found at http://www.sys-con.tv/read/181074.htm
|SYS-CON Australia News Desk 02/08/06 05:12:28 PM EST|
Sybase Chairman, CEO, and President John S. Chen recently granted a pair of exclusive interviews to SYS-CON.TV, during which he held forth about the past, present, and future of Sybase, the software industry, and the complex challenge of understanding China. SYS-CON Special Correspondent John A. Barry and West Coast Bureau Chief Roger Strukhoff conducted the interviews, which were held at Sybase headquarters in Dublin, CA.
- Where Are RIA Technologies Headed in 2008?
- PowerBuilder History - How Did It Evolve?
- Creation and Consumption of Web Services with PowerBuilder
- Cloud People: A Who's Who of Cloud Computing
- DDDW Tips and Tricks
- Working with SOA & Web Services in PowerBuilder
- Cloud Expo 2011 East To Attract 10,000 Delegates and 200 Exhibitors
- Dynamically Creating DataWindow Objects
- OLE - Extending the Capabilities of PowerBuilder
- DataWindow.NET How To: Data Entry Form
- Custom Common Dialogs Using SetWindowsHookEx
- Cloud Expo and The End of Tech Recession
- Solutions for Optimizing ASP.NET Applications
- Dynamic SQL
- Office 2003 Toolbar: A New Look For Your Old PowerBuilder App