|By Chris Pollach||
|December 2, 2010 06:30 AM EST||
The International Sybase User Group in conjunction with eLearnIt Systems is now offering a new one day PowerBuilder 12.NET training course. In this a full day of training where you will gain the knowledge and skills to prepare you to plan, perform a .NET migration and tips on re-factoring your enterprise level based PowerBuilder Classic applications.
You will able to follow-along with instructor led demonstrations using provided code examples if you bring your own notebook with verified functioning installations of PowerBuilder 12.1 Classic and .NET and SQL AnyWhere 11.
- .NET Revealed:
* What is it?
* What are the important features and how do they affect your PowerBuilder application?
* Why might .NET be (or not be) important to you?
- Migrating from Classic to .NET WPF
See how to:
* To plan for your own application migration by getting an overview of the .NET migration process
* To plan for re-factoring your code to lessen the impact of not supported features
* Performance differences between the platforms might impact your existing code
* GUI differences between the platforms might impact your code
- Future proofing your code, planning for today, tomorrow and beyond.
The .NET and Classic platforms are intrinsically different. A large application that took seconds to modify and test in the IDE will takes many minutes to modify and test in the .NET IDE. In order to continue at a high productivity level you must partition your code into a series of related .NET assemblies. In this segment you will gain learn the basics of application logic partitioning and how to use the IDE to carve your application into smaller manageable pieces
- Visual Studio IDE tips & tricks
The new .NET IDE is similar to but different than the Classic IDE in fundamental ways. The goal of this presentation. Increase your initial and ongoing productivity by learning how to leverage many of the new features that the Visual Studio IDE offers. Included is a demonstration of configuring and working with source code control.
- WCF and web services: Creating .NET web service client applications with examples and demonstrations
Windows Communication Foundation is a new feature of .NET 3.5. WCF will be an imperative when SilverLight support is implemented. It is required when you migrate Classic Applications that are Web Service Clients to .NET or need to code new web service client applications in PB 12.NET. Learn the basics of WCF. Observe the process of building a Web Service Client app.
To have this course brought to your area, please contact your local Sybase User Group to arrange a class in your locale.
Regards ... Chris
- Where Are RIA Technologies Headed in 2008?
- PowerBuilder History - How Did It Evolve?
- Creation and Consumption of Web Services with PowerBuilder
- Cloud People: A Who's Who of Cloud Computing
- DDDW Tips and Tricks
- Cloud Expo 2011 East To Attract 10,000 Delegates and 200 Exhibitors
- Working with SOA & Web Services in PowerBuilder
- Dynamically Creating DataWindow Objects
- Cloud Expo, Inc. Announces Cloud Expo 2011 New York Venue
- OLE - Extending the Capabilities of PowerBuilder